Share-A-Pet is delighted that you are interested in joining our organization! Regardless if you have a dog or not, you can help support Share-A-Pet in many ways – As a Support Member you can volunteer your time by joining a committee, offering administrative support, organizing fundraisers and more.
– Join as a Pet Program Member and perform Pet-Assisted Therapy (PAT) in hospitals, nursing homes, children’s centers or schools.
By joining as a Supporting Member, you are able to immediately get involved with the Organization and receive the following member benefits:
- 1-Year Membership
- Share-A-Pet T-shirt
- Share-A-Pet window decal
- Subscription to our monthly newsletter
- Opportunity to serve on various Share-A-Pet committees
- PERKS discounts at supporting local businesses, including trainers
- Invitations to all the Share-A-Pet events including the annual Holiday party
For those who wish to do Pet-Assisted Therapy (PAT) and become a Pet Program Member, you are required to complete the following steps in order:
- Attend an Orientation Meeting
- Join as a Pet Program Member
- Complete the TOP Test
- Complete the In-Facility Training and Evaluation Process
In addition to the Supporting Member benefits, Pet Program Members also receive:
- SAP Dog Tag
- TOP Test (initial)
- Therapy Obedience Protection (TOP Insurance)
- Proof of TOP Insurance
- Photo ID & SAP Lanyard
- 2 Practice Sessions for TOP Test
- Diploma showing completion of TOP Test
- 3 In Facility Training Sessions
REGISTER FOR AN ORIENTATION MEETING
- Local residents will be contacted by a SAP member to attend an Orientation Meeting.
- Out of the area residents will be contacted by a SAP member to work with you on getting you started in your Area.
All fees are non-refundable and memberships are on annual from the date the member application is received. In the event that an individual decides not to join or complete the orientation process or decides to resign from being a volunteer at anytime, these fees will be considered a tax-deductible donation to Share-A-Pet Organization, Inc. Share-A-Pet is not responsible for other expenses incurred as a result of becoming or while being a Share-A-Pet member. Share-A-Pet reserves the right to dismiss anyone at anytime whom they feel is not in compliance with Share-A-Pet policies.